Chicken Soup For the SOUL!
Perfect for a rainy or sick day... or honestly any day tbh :) Packed with food groups: protein, vegetables, carbs, and fats.
-1 tbsp. avocado or olive oil
-6 cloves of garlic (minced)
-1 yellow onion (diced)
-2 large carrots (sliced)
-3 celery stalks (chopped)
-1 tbsp. fresh grated ginger -1 tsp. ground turmeric
-6 cups low sodium chicken broth
-1 lb. organic boneless chicken breast
-1 tsp. freshly chopped rosemary
-1 tsp. freshly chopped thyme
-1.5 cups Israeli couscous
**NOTE: if you’re not planning on eating this right away, I’d recommend using orzo, pasta, or rice because the broth will absorb into the Israeli couscous
1. Place a pot over medium-high heat and pour in avocado oil
2. Once the oil is hot, stir in the chopped celery, yellow onion, carrots, and garlic. Cook until the onions are translucent
3. Add in grated ginger and ground turmeric. Sauté for about 30 seconds to let the spices cook in
4. Add in the chicken broth, chicken breast (I just cut up and used @traderjoes chicken strips).
5. Add in rosemary, salt, pepper, and thyme.
6. Bring soup to a boil (I covered with the lid), then stir in couscous.
7. Reduce heat to medium-low and let it sit for 20-30 minutes uncovered (to let the chicken cook).
*Optional: take chicken out of the soup at the end and cut it up more
Thanks to @ambitiouskitchen for the inspo!