-avocados (I used 4 small Hass avocados)
-any kind of oil (I used avocado oil, but coconut oil or olive oil would be good too)
-Panko bread crumbs
-flour (I used a combo of coconut flour and wheat flour)
-1/2 a lime
1. Preheat the oven to 400* then spray a baking sheet with whatever oil you use.
2. Slice the avocados and squeeze lime juice on the slices to preserve the color while baking
3. Make 3 bowls with the following:
b) 3 lightly beaten eggs
c) panko bread crumbs with as much salt, pepper, and garlic powder as you’d like
4. Dredge the avocado slices in the flour, then dip in the egg, then make sure roll in the panko bowl (make sure it is well-coated). 5. Drizzle with oil or spray with coconut oil cooking spray to make them crispy. I also added more salt and pepper on top for flavor.
6. Bake for 15 minutes (or more if needed). More oil can be added while baking to ensure crispiness. ...and BOOM!
I’m serving them as a side dish for salmon tonight, but they’d also be a great nutritious snack! I combined the steps of several recipes online to make these to ~ultimate perfection~ but the original idea was originally inspired by @namastekitchen