PEANUT SAUCE RAMEN
INGREDIENTS: (makes 2 servings)
- 2 packets (2 cakes) @lotusfoodsramen (I got the Brown Rice variation…and YES it actually tastes like ramen. I bought mine at Whole Foods!)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp aminos (a healthier substitute for soy sauce: has amino acids and is much milder)
- 3 tbsp peanut butter (I used Trader Joe’s Organic Crunchy PB)
- 2 cloves of minced garlic OR 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- dash of salt
- dash of red pepper flakes
- 5 tbsp chicken (bone) broth
- TOPPINGS: sesame seeds, chopped peanuts, avocado, chicken, scallions, chick peas, stir-fried veggies, etc.
1. Cook ramen according to the package directions (for @lotusfoods, it’s just 4 minutes in boiling water).
2. Microwave peanut butter for 10 seconds in the microwave. Then, mix in aminos, sesame oil, garlic, salt, and red pepper flakes. Add in chicken (bone) broth and whisk. **Add more peanut butter if you want it thicker, and more chicken broth if you want it thinner.
3. Pour sauce over cooked ramen noodles, top with your desired toppings, and enjoy!