- 1 lb (Organic) ground turkey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp minced garlic (or 3 cloves)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups (organic) chicken broth
- toppings: cheese, avocado, tortilla chips, cilantro, sour cream
*feel free to use chickpeas for a vegetarian option!
1. Pour olive oil into a large pot over medium high heat. Add in the garlic, onion, and celery.
2. After about 5 minutes, add in the ground turkey, chop up in the pot, and cook until brown.
3. Add in the oregano, chili powder, cumin, salt/pepper, and cayenne pepper. Stir well to blend.
4. Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, and kidney beans. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer for about 30 minutes (or until chili thickens and flavors come together). Stir occasionally.
5. Garnish and enjoy!